This contract is with Burns Farm Campsite & Caravan Park. A contract exists as soon as you have confirmed your booking/reservation and binds you to our terms and conditions and you should please check these carefully to see that it reflects your wishes.
Please ensure that you read these Terms carefully, and check that the details on the Booking are complete and accurate, before you sign and/or submit the Booking.
By submitting a Booking you are agreeing to these Terms and you agree to adhere to the Site Policy.
We may revise these Terms or the Booking from time to time under any circumstances, at any time up until the day of arrival.
- The minimum reservation term for our Big Field for a Bank Holiday weekend is 3 nights
- The minimum booking term for our Small Field for The Easter Holidays, The Spring Bank Holidays and The Summer Holiday including The August Bank Holiday is 5 nights.
- The minimum booking term for our Fully Serviced Field for The Easter Holidays, The Spring Bank Holidays and The Summer Holiday including The August Bank Holiday is 7 nights.
- The balance payment for all bookings must be paid at least 28 days prior to your arrival date. If we do not receive the balance payment, by this time, we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
- All payments are non-refundable, once made.
- We do not give refunds for stays which are cut short by a guest for any reason, including inclement weather.
- We accept bookings for arrival on any day of the week and will try our best to meet any request for specific pitches or areas. However, this cannot be guaranteed.
- All caravan, motor home and camper van prices include an awning.
- Check in is from 12.00 am – 7.00 pm (earlier or later check in is by prior arrangement only)
- All pitches must be vacated by 12.00 am on day of departure (late check out may incur an extra cost, for availability, please check with reception)
- All day visitors must check in at our reception, before entering the site.
- We only accept bookings for singles, couples and families. We do not accept bookings for single sex groups, stag or hen parties.
- We only accept bookings for singles, 1 couples or 1 families in our “Small Field” No groups. Cost of a pitch is for up to 2 adults in the Small Field, please be aware of this if you are a single guest.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry, cancel a booking or terminate a holiday (without a refund) if in the opinion of the management or staff a booking has been made using false information or the behaviour of an individual or individuals may compromise the enjoyment or safety of another visitor or staff member.
- In placing this booking, you agree that if a dispute or disagreement occurs, the decision of the management or staff in settling any such dispute or disagreement is final and that you agree to the management or staff using any means at their disposal to bring to an end any such dispute or disagreement.
- You may cancel your booking at any time, but we do not refund any deposits or balances already paid. We need to be advised of your cancellation by E-mail or letter. We strongly advise you to take out your own cancellation insurance policy. If you cancel your holiday at least 14 days prior to your arrival date and we can re-let the space you have booked, in certain circumstances we may be able to carry the balance of your booking onto a future date. Please call for more information.
- You are required to refrain from any form of anti-social behaviour including loud music, bad language, drunkenness, drug use, noise late at night or aggression of any kind towards our staff or another visitor, whilst on site or in the surrounding area.
- Please drive slowly at all times when on the site (max 5 mph) especially when driving through gateways. Remember that children may be playing anywhere on the site and may appear suddenly.
- There is no vehicle movement allowed on site, during 11.00 pm – 7.00 am.
- You may only use dipped headlights on site after dark
- If you have extra people coming to stay with you, but not for the whole stay, you can arrange this on a day to day basis, direct with us at reception.
- If you have booked a fully serviced pitch, please park your caravan, etc. to the left of the pitch as you look at it, to comply with fire regulations. If you have any questions, please enquire with reception. All caravan etc must be facing outwards, not sideways, not backwards.
- We do not allow any form of fire on the fully serviced field. You can use an enclosed fire pit or chimanier as long as it does not emit sparks or embers and has legs. A local fire officer advises that guests should not burn timber, but use specially manufactured heat or fire logs, which are safer.
- You may use BBQ’s as long as they are off the ground. Please make sure they have completely cooled down before leaving them unattended or placing them in the rubbish bins. You can cool the charcoal or ash down using cold water. We do not allow disposable BBQ’s
- Please place all your rubbish in the bins provided.
- If you wish to play music, we would ask you to keep the volume low at all times, so as not to disturb the people around you.
- We do not allow any music on the site after 9.00 pm.
- All dishes must be washed in the washing up room.
- Please dispose of grey water in the chemical disposal point on the corner of the toilet block. Do not pour grey water down the drains at the water taps. All fully serviced pitches have a grey water drain.
- Please keep your pitch clean and tidy and check it prior to departing. Do not leave anything on your pitch which may cause damage to our ground care equipment or someone else’s vehicle.
- Bicycles are allowed on the site, as long as they are used in a safe and controlled way. Anyone found riding dangerously or irresponsibly will be required to stop using their bike immediately.
- Please do not pitch or park your accommodation right next to another guest. Please respect the privacy of other guests.
- If you wish to fly a kite, please be aware of any overhead electric cables. Please ask a member of staff for advice as to the safest place to fly it.
- We do not allow fireworks or Chinese lanterns to be used on site at any time. You should refrain from using anything that has a potential fire hazard to yourself, other guests or their accommodation.
- Do not tamper with the fire bells and extinguishers. They are there for your safety. They should only be used in the event of an emergency. If you see anyone tampering with these, please let us know as soon as possible.
- The broadband speed for the site FREE Wi-Fi is governed by an outside 4G provider. The speed and signal strength is strong, but it is dependent on weather conditions and numbers of guests using the system at any time. FREE Wi-Fi is best on the fully serviced pitches, but the ability to receive a signal can be affected by the type of hardware or software you are using. We regret, we cannot be held responsible for problems of this type.
- Please keep all personal possessions and valuables out of site or locked in the boot of your car when you go out. Please do not leave your possessions unattended at any time. The management and staff of Burns Farm Caravan and Campsite accept no liability for the safety or security of any item or possession belonging to a guest or their visitors.
- Dogs must always be kept on a short lead when on site.
- Dogs must not be left unattended at any time.
- Please make sure your dog does not cause damage or disturbance to the site or another visitor.
- Please be aware that even though you may think your dog poses no danger to anyone, some adults and children are afraid of dogs and require your consideration.
- If you wish to exercise your dog, please walk them off site.
- You must always clean up after your pet. If they poop, you scoop!! There are waste bins at the farm entrance you can use.
The following information is not intended to discourage you from enjoying walking in the countryside, it is to enable you to enjoy it in a more informed way.
If you take your dog for a walk in the countryside, please be aware of the animals around you, especially cows with calves. They see dogs as predators and may well attack them and you if you are holding your dog. If you think this is likely to happen, the safest course of action for you and your dog is to let the dog go. The dog has the chance to escape and the cows are most likely to concentrate on the dog, not you.
Most people are not aware that if your dog is worrying or chasing sheep, it is a criminal offence and anyone seeing this has the legal right to shoot your dog.
Please be aware of your surroundings, follow the Countryside Code and enjoy your holiday to the full!
Making a booking implies that you are aware that you are booking onto a pet friendly site. This means that you may come into contact with dogs or other pets during your stay and that there is a possibility that this may cause you varying levels of disturbance or distress.
Booking implies that you accept that the management or staff cannot be held responsible for the action of every pet owner or their pets, during your stay.
- Camper vans are normally up to 5.5 m long (VW camper, Vito, Bongo, etc.)
- Motor homes are any vehicle that is coach built or is longer than 5.5 m.
- When you book a tent on-line, the description you give of the tent, must refer to the number of people that the tent is designed to sleep, not the number of people who will be staying in it.
- Booking a tent implies that you are only going to use the standard tent. It does not cover extra’s that can be fitted to the tent including annex’s, porch awning, storage pods, kitchen pods, etc. Please call us to check if these extra’s may incur an extra charge.
- Each tent is allowed 1 car on site with it. At busy times, we may not be able to allow extra cars onto site, as often the extra cars take up more space than the tent they are booked with. For more information, give us a call!
- If you have booked a fully serviced pitch, you should pitch your accommodation on the left hand side of the pitch as you look at it. Caravans should have the hitch facing away from the back of the pitch (foreign caravans may differ). Motor homes and camper vans should be facing away from the back of the pitch and trailer tents and folding campers should be pitched in the same way.
- Tents and trailer tents should not allow guy ropes to cross onto the adjacent pitches.
- You should always check that what you have booked for, including your accommodation unit, awning and car or cars can fit onto the electric hook-up pitch booked. If in doubt, give us a call!
- Booking as a single person, confirms that you are traveling on your own and not as part of a group.
- Booking as a couple confirms that you are any 2 people in a relationship and not part of a group.
- Booking as a family confirms that you are at least 1 parent and a related child or children under 18 years old. If this does not cover your family group, please call us with details, prior to booking.
- If you are booking with friends, please inform us of this, as if in our opinion we believe that a group of people have booked separately as singles, couples or families, and joined together as a group on site, we reserve the right to require that any number of persons up to the total number of people in the group, leave the site immediately (without refund).
- You are required to pitch your accommodation on the pitch, or in the position you have booked or been advised to pitch on, by a member of staff. You are not allowed to pitch your accommodation on any other pitch, or area that has been agreed for another guests booking. By placing a booking, you confirm that you have given us the right to move your accommodation, if it is pitched in a way that stops another guest from having free access to or pitching on a pitch or area that has been agreed in advance for their booking.
- If we have to move your accommodation, you confirm that you relinquish the right to claim liability against the site, staff or management for any damage or inconvenience caused by or during the move.
We are a child friendly site and want your children to experience the countryside and have as much fun as possible whilst staying on site, but please be aware:
Parents/Carers are responsible for the behaviour of their children whilst on site.
Parents/Carers will be liable for the cost of any damage caused by their children.
Bicycles should not be ridden on the roads near to the reception or on the concrete paths around the facilities buildings. These areas can be very busy with traffic and pedestrians and can pose a significant risk of injury to your children and other guests.
Please monitor your children’s use of the drinking water taps. Have consideration for other guests and do not let your children soak the ground around the taps as this makes it difficult for other guests to use them.
Please make sure your children do not play in the farm yards or buildings. Also make sure they understand that they should keep away from tractors and farm machinery. It can be particularly difficult to see a young child from the seat of this type of machinery.
If your child is playing ball games, please make sure they play in an open area away from other guests and their accommodation.
Please don’t let your children cause damage to other people’s property or disturbance to other guests.
Children under 7 years old, should be accompanied when using the facilities.
Children must not be allowed to play, unaccompanied in the facilities.
Liability is not accepted by Burns Farm Caravan and Campsite to any person visiting, for any personal injury, loss or damage to any property including, motor vehicles and personal effects, howsoever caused or sustained
We reserve the right to ask guests who contravene these terms and conditions or, who in any other way are behaving in a manner likely to cause distress or nuisance to other visitors, to leave the park immediately. In these circumstances the holiday ceases and we shall not be liable for any extra costs incurred by you.
Thank you for taking the time to read through our conditions and site rules.