This contract is with Burns Farm Campsite & Caravan Park. A contract exists as soon as you have made pitch payment and binds you to our terms and conditions and you should please check these carefully to see that it reflects your wishes.
The terms contained in this contract do not affect your statutory rights.
- Holiday Behaviour Standards & Termination
- Health & Safety
- Enclosed portable BBQs and fire pits
Holiday Behaviour Standards & Termination
By making a booking with us you have entered a contract in which you undertake, on behalf of yourself and the people in your party (including children), to adopt the following standards of behaviour:
- To act in a courteous and considerate manner towards us, our staff and other guests.
- To supervise children properly so that they are not a nuisance or danger to themselves or others.
- Anyone causing a nuisance or disturbance to others will be asked to leave. Noise should be kept to a minimum after 11.00pm. No refunds will be given
- Noise/security deposits may be asked prior to admission for 3 or more people
You further agree that you will not:
- Commit any criminal offence at the Park or undertake any criminal activity
- Commit any acts of vandalism or nuisance
- Keep or carry any firearm or any other weapon at the Park
- Use any unlawful drugs
- Create any undue noise or disturbance
Quiet hours are from 11.00pm until 7.00am. Please respect your fellow guests and keep noise to an absolute minimum.
The site is monitored 24 hours a day for your protection by CCTV
Health & Safety
We take the wellbeing and safety of our guests very seriously and we ask that you comply with the following:
- The speed limit on the park is  mph.
- Children 16 and under must be supervised by an adult at all times and anyone failing to adhere to the rules will be asked to leave and forfeit the remainder of their stay.
- We are a working farm please take extra care. Children must be under the supervision of their parents/guardians on all areas of the caravan & campsite at all times.
- Farms are not playgrounds. Children and Adults are not allow to inter farm building or the area surrounding the entrance to the farm buildings unsupervised. There will be frequent passing machinery/vehicles and animals coming in and out of this area.
- Never moved or interfered with the farm animals this could be detrimental to their well being and care, baby lambs will starve if they are removed from their mums!
- There are hundreds of safe walks and paths surrounding the farm for all to enjoy including you dog and for your safety we advise people to stick to the paths and keep your dog on a lead especially during Lambing season
- If you see a baby lamb that has escaped from a field don’t just put it back, it may be the wrong field, and it will starve if it then can’t find its mum! sometimes your kindness can do more harm than good, tell a farm manager and they will know what to do or phone us on 017687 79112
Enclosed portable BBQs & fire pits with legs only. Disposable BBQs are not permitted
At Burns Farm we only allow enclosed fires in BBQs or portable fire pits for safety we do not allow open fires. Before you start your fire in your enclosed fire pit, it’s sensible to take a couple of safety precautions. Fires are dangerous and can potentially get out of control and spread quickly, so keep the following in mind:
- A fire should never be left unattended.
- Keep your fire small.
- Keep your fire-pit away from tents or other accommodation, vehicles, overhanging trees or anything else that could potentially catch fire and cause the fire to spread.
- Take the wind direction into account when making a fire.
- Never use flammable liquids on a fire.
- Keep a bucket of water near your fire.
- It is important to make sure your fire is completely extinguished with water before you go to sleep or leave the site. All fires must be our by 11pm. Embers can stay hot for hours even if they look like they are out, and can be easily blown by the wind.
- Keep an eye on children around a campfire. They should stay well clear when playing and should be respectful of the fire-pit when they are close to it.
PLEASE DO NOT USE THE REFUGE BINS TO DISPOSE OF HOT ASH!
- DO NOT CUT LIVE WOOD FROM THE TREES ! Fire wood, kindling and gas can be purchased from a garage just 2 and a half miles from the site.
Subject to our campsites terms, conditions and availability we welcome families, couples and formalised camping groups.
Groups of more than two couples or groups of more than two families are not permitted during high seasons unless by prior arrangement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and asking about availability. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult over the age of 21.
No more than two same sex allowed during high season. We have a zero tolerance on mixed or same sex party groups throughout the camping season.
Group pitch criteria needed when making an enquiry if more than the numbers above:
How many cars/vehicles or short-wheel camper vans
How man tents and how large
How many adults
How many children
Age range of children
Are you a mixed or a same sex, family of formalised group
A group may be ask for an agreed refundable security deposit for the duration of your stay. If a security deposit is requested by reception this may be done during the booking process or at reception upon arrival. It must be paid in cash typically £10 per person per night.
Upon arrival and before pitching a tent all guest must register at reception you may also be asked if you are joining other guests on site or if anyone is planning to join you. We don’t allow guests to form a group on the campsite without prior knowledge or consent and this must be done during the enquiry process.
If group terms are broken your reservation will become void and you the rest of the group will be asked to leave. We do not offer refunds for broken terms
We accept DofE groups with prior arrangement by email enquiry. Under 18’s must be accompanied by adult staff members.
We reserve the right to refuse any booking and the right of admission is reserved.
- Breathable ground sheets are preferred on grassed areas.
- The use of generators is not permitted.
- Guests are not allowed to bring Lorries or other commercial vehicles on to the park. This includes towing vehicles.
- No mechanical or repair work is to be undertaken on the park.
If you bring your dog with you when you stay with us we ask that you:
- Keep the dog on a short lead on the park at all times
- Clean up after your dog
- Do not leave your dog unattended for long periods of time as it may become distressed. Do not leave your dog in a car
We reserve the right to require that the owner removes their dog, or any other pet, from the park if it is a nuisance or danger to other guests.
The size of your unit, including any tents and gazebos, must be stipulated at the time of booking to ensure that the allocated pitch is large enough. Should you subsequently alter your requirements we cannot guarantee to provide an appropriately sized pitch.
Please advise us if you are likely to arrive later than 9.00pm. If we have not heard from you within 12 hours of your expected arrival we reserve the right to re-let your pitch.
All pitches must be vacated by midday on the day of your departure otherwise an additional night’s pitch fee will be charged. You are requested not to arrive before 12am. Latest arrival time is 9 pm.
Pitches are allocated on a first come first serve basis, it must be clearly understood that acceptance of a booking is not conditional on the allocation of a particular pitch.
Your pitch number and directions to it will be confirmed on arrival. If you are in any doubt whether you are on the right pitch please check with a member of staff. Any guest on the wrong pitch may be required to move.
Anyone causing a nuisance or disturbance to others will be asked to leave. Noise should be kept to a minimum after 11.00pm. No refunds will be given
Cancellations made up to 4 weeks prior to arrival date will get the deposit/payments refunded minus £10 administration fee. In the unfortunate event of you having to cancel your holiday within 4 weeks deposits/payments are non-refundable. In the event that a cancellation is made 4 weeks prior to arrival the management may, at its discretion, permit the bookings to be transferred to another date subject to availability in the same season.
Bookings are accepted only for the party named and are not transferable to another family or person without agreement from us.
Liability is not accepted by Burns farm to any person visiting, for any personal injury, loss or damage to any property including, motor vehicles and personal effects, howsoever caused or sustained
We reserve the right to ask guests who contravene these terms and conditions or, who in any other way are behaving in a manner likely to cause distress or nuisance to other visitors, to leave the park immediately. In these circumstances the holiday ceases and we shall not be liable for any extra costs incurred by you.
Thank you for taking the time to read through our conditions and site rules.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect immediately when posted on our website.
We will look forward to seeing you soon and I hope you will have an enjoyable and relaxing stay