This contract is with Burns Farm Caravan & Campsite. A contract exists as soon as you have confirmed your booking/reservation and binds you to our terms and conditions and you should please check these carefully to see that it reflects your wishes.
By using our website, you accept that you have read and fully understood these terms and conditions in full (“Terms”). If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website. We will ask you to expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
Please ensure that you read these Terms carefully, and check that the details on the Booking are complete and accurate, before you sign and/or submit and confirm the Booking/Reservation
- The person who signs the booking form is responsible for the booking and warrants that they are over 18 years of age and that the party will not exceed the numbers stated on the booking form.
- By submitting a Booking/Reservation you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions and you agree to adhere to the Sites Polities.
- Minimum stays apply during peak times. The minimum night you can book is available by checking dates on the booking calendar.
- We are unable to accept bookings for more than 21 days
*We may revise these Terms, Sites Polities or the Booking/Reservation from time to time under any circumstances, at any time up until the day of arrival.
No Unauthorised Group Policy:
As our caravan and campsite is a family site, we do not allow “party” groups including stag and hen parties. Family and friends who live at the same address or know each other or who travel together will be considered as a group booking, even if you have made separate bookings, we do not allow groups to form on the site. Because of the family nature of our site there are additional restrictions on group bookings at certain times including over the peak season.
No Noise Policy:
Noise must kept to a minimum after 9pm (on music, no loud laughter or loud talking, no dogs barking and no vehicle engines running, etc.)
SHUSHHHH !!! QUIET TIME is between the hours of 11pm and 6am – NO disturbing noise between these times.
If you are part of a Bob Graham Round or any other event type, you must not disturb guest within unsociable hours. Please leave the site quickly and quietly. No unorhurised entry onto the site, only guest who are booked in, can enter the campsite.
No Day Visitor policy:
Campers staying on our site, ether on a campfield or on a caravan field are not allowed to invite day visitors onto their pitch! – please meet family and friends off-site.
- The minimum reservation term for our camp field is available on our booking system at time of booking. Non electric fields don’t have designated pitches, you choose your prefect pitch on the field you have booked. We reserve the right to change minimum nights stays, subject to availability.
- The minimum number of people per pitch, for each field is available on our booking system at time of booking.
- The maximum number of people per pitch, for each field is available on our booking system at time of booking.
- Fell runners, cyclers on the coast to coast or anyone taking part in a local event, can book onto the Tewet only, and through the booking system. Please add a note to explain your event. Please not our no noise rule. We do not allow guests, including guest taking part in a Bob Graham Round to disturb other sleeping guests between the hours of 11pm and 7am. Please leave the site quickly and quiet!
- Unauthorised group bookings will be cancelled. Charges incurred from Paypal (booking and refund fees) will not be refunded. Please call 017687 79112 for more clarity. No hen/stag parties permitted. No party groups of any kind.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry, cancel a booking, or terminate a holiday (without a refund) if in the opinion of the management or staff a booking has been made using false information or the behaviour of an individual or individuals may compromise the enjoyment or safety of another visitor or staff member.
- In placing this booking, you agree that if a dispute or disagreement occurs, the decision of the management or staff in settling any such dispute or disagreement is final and that you agree to the management or staff using any means at their disposal to bring to an end any such dispute or disagreement.
How to pay
All payments need to be made in pounds sterling.
The easiest way to pay for your holiday is online through our secure payment system provided by Paypal. Please note Paypal charges apply to us when you place a booking. When a booking is cancelled within refund terms, Paypal will charge you.
The booking secures the pitch that you have chosen for the dates you have specified subject to receiving authorised payment within 1 hour of making the booking. Provisional bookings will be cancelled after 1 hour.
The balance payment for all bookings made on line must be paid at least 4 weeks prior to your arrival date. If we do not receive the balance payment, by this time, we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
We notify receipt of all payments and cancellations, by email.
In the event of an emergency or to contact us outside these hours please message or call us. The site has 4G wifi
The site and farm are monitored by a 24 hour CCTV surveillance system. Cameras can be seen at all the entrances to the site and surrounding the buildings including the main entrance to the amenities. This is for your added protection and to enable reception to monitor the comings and goings of the site.
Arrivals and Departures:
We are operating a contactless check in and check out:-
Once you have arrived to the site please make your way safely to your pitch.
Pitches become available from midday on the day of arrival.
Departure day must be before 11am. Please leave your pitch tidy.
Please Note: Guests who haven’t checkout with their vehicles by midday on day of departure may be charged an extra night through the booking system.
We are sorry but, we cannot offer late leaves during peak time due to the booking system being live. If additional nights are required customers can place a new booking through the system. Please contact reception on 07843866977 for more information.
Ewes (Ladies) and Rams (Gents)
10 showers and 7 toilets
Disabled wetrooms with RADAR locks. The Radar Key Scheme enables our two disabled wetrooms to be readily available to those who really need them. Two wetrooms include shower, toilet and handbasin.
For additional luxury and privacy why not book one of our 5 private washrooms available to hire at £20 per night on a 2 night minimum bases (3 night minimum for a Bank Holiday weekend). 3 rooms are wet-rooms with shower and 2 rooms are bathrooms with a medium size bath (small baby bath and changing mat in one of the bathrooms) Bookings are taken in advance by email or at phoning reception on arrival, subject to availability. Please provide number of nights and booking reference number on your email.
The amenities and surrounding the amenities, are no smoking areas!Icepack freezing service
To help keep your food fresh while you are on holiday, we have installed a free standing freezer. This is at the entrance to the amenities. Guests can freeze up to 4 medium size backs/blocks.
We do not provide the blocks. You must bring your own named blocks.No Laundrette
we do not have an onsite laundry facility open to the public. New laundrette coming next season. The Keswick Laundry Services is just over 3 miles away in Keswick. Address: Bank St, Keswick CA12 5JZ
No onsite Shop
New onsite shop coming next season. Keswick is just over 3 miles from the site
If you have an electric pitch booked make sure any long leads or a lead on a drum is completely unraveled before you plug it into the hookup area. Leads which are left tightly rolled up will overheat and burnout the electric hookup and your lead and potentially causing a fire! There is a damage charge if electric points are damaged in this way.
Each pitch is fitted with a grey water drain for you to connect your flex hows to your van so it can run straight into the drain. We do not have a grid drain on site. There are drains at the service area to empty your grey water if you collect it. It is unhygienic to let your grey water run off on site!
All chemical toilets including travel toilets must be disposed of at the service point area…PLEASE DO NOT USE THE TOILET BLOCK TOILET TO DISPOSIT OF TRAVEL TOILET WASTE!!! There is a chemical toilet at the service area to the left of the block with washing facilities.
Small fire pits:
Fire-pits can be hired by messaging Ryan & Tom, phone number available on booking confirmation and pre-arrival emails.
We don’t allow Fire pits on our fully serviced pitches.
We allowed bbq’s and small fire pits on our non electric camp fields, Tewet, Skiddaw and Blease and our electric hook up grass pitches on Helvellyn. We don’t allow disposable BBQ’s or makeshift Fire Pits on any pitch they are banned for safety reasons.
Due to continual misuse of items being left which should either be disposed of at guests own home address or their nearest recycling centre, we have decided to monitor the area with CCTV cameras.
We ask that large items are taken off site and we would appreciate that any boxes for recycling are flattened before disposal.
No Play Area
We don’t have a play area at the campsite and we have no plans to put one in place at this moment in time. The ethos of the campsite is about families coming together and reconnecting with one another and with nature within beautiful surroundings. We hope family came away feeling revived having made lots of beautiful new memories within the time spent with us here, at Burns Farm.
Burns Farm is a busy traditional working farm, we urge that you do not allow your children to climb on farm walls or enter farm fields. Farm fields have animals in them and sometimes they can’t be seen, these animals are easily spooked by children and dogs!
Terms and conditions if bringing a dog onto Burns Farm property.
We love dogs, and have several dogs of our own, but please be aware that even though you may think your dog poses no danger to anyone, some adults and children are afraid to be around dogs and require your consideration to keep your dog under control at all times. Most of our camp fields are ‘dog-friendly’ except for Blease. Do not go into this field with a dog. This is clearly stated throughout the website, and there are signs to say no dogs on area they are not permitted to go. Please note our terms to bring a dog before you book.
We have a mucky pup area with warm water to wash our dog if needed. Dogs are not permitted inside the amenity buildings.
Please do not let you dog wee on the plants, it kills the plants! Do not let your dog wee on the patio or up against structures, oak beams or stone walls outside the amenities and reception area or any other service area, it causes permeant damage.
- Dogs must always be kept on a short lead when on site.
- No straying onto your neighbours pitch.
- Dogs must not be left unattended at any time.
- Dog must not cause the chickens of any other animal on the farm.
- Dogs must not be allowed to damage property including wooden structures and flowers/plants.
- Dogs must not cause a disturbance on the site.
- If you wish to exercise your dog, please walk them off site and not onto another campfield or farm field.
- You must always clean up after your pet. If they poop, you scoop!! There are waste bins at the farm entrance you can use.
- Bringing a dog onto Burns Farm means you have read and agree to the terms and conditions.
Please make sure your dogs stays on its own pitch! We don’t charge our customers to have dogs on the site and for us to continue to provide this free service. We ask that your dog is taken offsite, not beside the entrance, for their daily needs. If by chance they do their business onsite please make sure it is pickup and disposed of properly. Pitches including the entrance and roadsides are maintained regularly and it is not a pleasant situation for our groundsmen to come-across, while streaming or mowing!
Ryan and Dec, our very hardworking gardeners are out and about on site most days, please check around your caravan/campervan/tent to make sure there aren’t get any surprises left by your dog! If you see anyone, letting their dog stray onto another pitch or not picking up, please let reception know.
The following information is not intended to discourage you from enjoying walking in the countryside, it is to enable you to enjoy it in a more informed way. If you take your dog for a walk in the countryside, please be aware of the animals around you, especially cows with calves. They see dogs as predators and may well attack them and you if you are holding your dog. If you think this is likely to happen, the safest course of action for you and your dog is to let the dog go. The dog has the chance to escape and the cows are most likely to concentrate on the dog, not you. Most people are not aware that if your dog is worrying or chasing sheep, it is a criminal offence and anyone seeing this has the legal right to shoot your dog, please don’t put your dog in this position!
Booking Terms and Conditions:
- The minimum reservation term for our camp field is available on our booking system at time of booking. These non electric fields don’t have designated pitches, you choose your prefect pitch on the field you have booked.
- The minimum booking term for all pitches for peak and high season dates including the Easter Holidays, the Spring Bank Holidays and the Summer Holiday including the August Bank Holiday can be found on the booking calendar.
- Deposits are between 30% of a booking. Deposits are taken on bookings made more than 4 weeks in advance of arrival date. There is a minimum amount taken for deposits, if your booking cost is below a certain amount of after 4 weeks to arrival we will ask of full amount. Deposits can be worked out on our booking system. Deposits are non-refundable, once made.
- Full payments made 4 weeks or less to arrival will not be refunded if a booking is cancelled.
- We do not give refunds for stays which are cut short by a guest for any reason, including inclement weather.
- We accept bookings for arrival on any day of the week and will try our best to meet any request for specific pitches or areas. However, this cannot be guaranteed.
- All caravan, motor home and camper van prices include an awning.
- Check in is from 12.00 am – 9.00 pm (earlier or later check in is by prior arrangement only)
- All pitches must be vacated by 11.00 am on day of departure (late check out may incur an extra cost, for availability, please check with reception)
In order to maintain the best possible service for our customers, we must enforce strict rules regarding customers staying beyond their departure date/time. Guests may incur extra night charges if vehicles/units remain on site after midday on day of departure.
- Guests are not allowed to have day visitors onto their pitches – please meet family and friends off-site so we can limit the number of people on our caravan and campsites.
- You are required to refrain from any form of anti-social behaviour including loud music, bad language, drunkenness, drug use, noise late at night or aggression of any kind towards our staff or another visitor, whilst on site or in the surrounding area.
- Please drive slowly at all times when on the site (max 5 mph) especially when driving through gateways. Remember that children may be playing anywhere on the site and may appear suddenly.
- There is no vehicle movement allowed on site, during 11.00 pm – 7.00 am.
- You may only use dipped headlights on site after dark
- If you have booked a fully serviced pitch, please park your caravan, etc. to the left of the pitch as you look at it, to comply with fire regulations. If you have any questions, please enquire with reception. All caravan etc must be facing outwards, not sideways, not backwards.
- We do not allow any form of fire on the fully serviced field.
- You may use BBQ’s as long as they are off the ground. Please make sure they have completely cooled down before leaving them unattended or placing them in the rubbish bins. You can cool the charcoal or ash down using cold water. We do not allow disposable BBQ’s anywhere on site.
- Please place all your rubbish in the bins provided.
- If you wish to play music, we would ask you to keep the volume low at all times, so as not to disturb the people around you.
- We do not allow any music on the site after 9.00 pm.
- All dishes must be washed in the washing up room.
- Please dispose of grey water in the chemical disposal point area on the corner of the toilet block. Do not pour grey water down the drains at the water taps. All fully serviced pitches have a grey water drain.
- Please keep your pitch clean and tidy and check it prior to departing. Do not leave anything on your pitch which may cause damage to our ground care equipment or someone else’s vehicle.
- Bicycles are allowed on the site, as long as they are used in a safe and controlled way. Anyone found riding dangerously or irresponsibly will be required to stop using their bike immediately.
- Please do not pitch or park your accommodation right next to another guest. Please respect the privacy of other guests.
- If you wish to fly a kite, please be aware of any overhead electric cables. Please ask a member of staff for advice as to the safest place to fly it.
- We do not allow fireworks or Chinese lanterns to be used on site at any time. You should refrain from using anything that has a potential fire hazard to yourself, other guests or their accommodation.
- Do not tamper with the fire bells and extinguishers. They are there for your safety. They should only be used in the event of an emergency. If you see anyone tampering with these, please let us know as soon as possible.
- As we live in a bowl of mountains, the internet connection is very poor. We invested in supplying cat 5 to all the serviced pitches using a 4G provider. The speed and signal strength can be strong but, it dependent on weather conditions and numbers of guests using the system at any onetime.
- TV signal is best using a satellite dish
- Please keep all personal possessions and valuables out of site or locked in the boot of your car when you go out. Please do not leave your possessions unattended at any time. The management and staff of Burns Farm Caravan and Campsite accept no liability for the safety or security of any item or possession belonging to a guest or their visitors.
Cancellation and Amendments:
- Booking cancellations or amendments can only be accepted in accordance with the terms and conditions of Burns Farm Caravan & Campsite, a cancellation or amendment fee will be charged.
- You may cancel your booking at any time, deposits are non refundable. We reserve the right to charge an admin fee of £20 for any amendments. Deposits are 30% of the total amount to pay.
- Decreasing/changing the number of nights on a booking may incur admin fees and the loss of the deposit paid.
- Cancellation by us. Very occasionally, we may have to cancel your booking. If we have to do so we will tell you as soon as possible and you can choose either to have a full refund, or accept any alternative arrangements offered to you (we’ll give you a refund of the price difference if the alternative is less expensive than the one you booked). We will have no further liability to you for this*.
Once your’ve placed a booking, please check through everything immediately of any discrepancies. A £20 admin fee is charge for any changes made to a booking after 24hours.
Paypal Refund Terms: Paypal charge apply on all refunds. We will deduct Paypal charged made to us when payment was made and Paypal will charge you when refund is made. Guests must accept this as part of entering into a Bookings with us.
In order to maintain the best possible pricing and availability for our customers, we must enforce strict rules regarding refunds.
Deposits are non refundable.
- Up to 30 days prior to arrival date = Full refund on pitch fees less non refundable deposit less £20 admin fee per pitch. In certain circumstances we may offer a Credit Voucher without penalty’s, please email to discuss options.
- 14 to 30 days prior to arrival date = Credit refund on your pitch fees less non refundable deposit, less £20 admin fee per pitch, if we are able to re-book the pitch/s for those dates, please email to discuss options.
- Less than 14 days notice = No refund to pitch fees will be given.
- Booking received less than 30 days before arrival and are canceled will loose full payment.
We do not offer refunds for early departures or offer alterations during your stay.
We are not liable for expenses you incur or any refunds whatsoever in the event we are prevented from fulfilling your Booking as a result of circumstances beyond our control. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, pandemics, epidemics including any form of Corona Virus, health risks and other crisis situations (“Force Majeure”).
We highly recommend that customers take out insurance against aborted holidays.
During your stay, please inform us in advance of any day visitors.
Max one car only per Pitch.(Except by prior agreement)
- Camper vans- up to 5 m long. Short-wheel-based – (VW camper, Vito, Bongo, etc.) – suitable for grass pitches. Camper vans are suitable for Tewet and Helvellyn fields.
- Motor homes – longer than 5 m – not allowed on grass – suitable for fully serviced pitches.
- Basic camping – is for tents and short wheel based camper vans. Basic Campfields are named Tewet, Skiddaw and Blease. Camper vans are not allowed in Blease. Parking next to your pitch is allowed. An extra cars can be booked, or more information, give us a call! We have dog friendly fields. Dogs are not allowed in Blease campfield.
- Electric hook-up – is for tents and short wheel based camper vans. Super pitch 10amp electric hookup (9×14 meters) Standard pitch 6amp electric hookup (9×9 meters) Pitches are divided by picket fences giving you privacy and space. Please note – Awning, vehicle and tent including guide-rope to fit onto an electric hook-up pitch. If in doubt, give us a call 017687 79112!
- Fully serviced pitch – are gravel 5×12 meter pitches with an additional 3×15 meter grass area with picnic bench dividing each pitch. (Total pitch size 8x12m) Each pitch has 16amp electric, mains water and a grey water drain. We ask that you pitch your unit on the left hand side of the pitch as you look at it with awnings to the right. Caravans must have the hitch facing to the front of the pitch for easy hitching in case of emergency. (Foreign caravans please call 01768779112 to discuss a suitable pitch).
- Booking as a single person – confirms that you are traveling on your own and not part of a group.
- Booking as a couple – confirms that you are any 2 people in a relationship and not part of a group.
- Booking as a family – confirms that you are at least 1 parent with child or children under 18 years old. If this does not cover your family group, please call us with details, prior to booking.
- Group bookings – is 3 or more people and is not permitted without authorisation from reception. No more than 2 families or 2 couples per booking. Please call reception for more information regarding family bookings.
- Pitching – this is where you place your tent etc. You will be advised where to pitch by reception. You are not allowed to pitch on any other pitch or area/field. (If we have to move your tent, you confirm that you relinquish the right to claim liability against the site, staff or management for any damage or inconvenience caused by or during the move)
Liability is not accepted by Burns Farm Caravan and Campsite to any person visiting, for any personal injury, loss or damage to any property including, motor vehicles and personal effects, howsoever caused or sustained
We reserve the right to ask guests who contravene these terms and conditions or, who in any other way are behaving in a manner likely to cause distress or nuisance to other visitors, to leave the site immediately. In these circumstances the holiday ceases and we shall not be liable for any extra costs incurred by you.
We reserve the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms or any policy or guideline of the Site, at any time and in our sole discretion. Any changes or modification will be effective immediately upon posting of the revisions on the Site, and you waive any right you may have to receive specific notice of such changes or modifications. Your continued use of these Site following the posting of changes or modifications will confirm your acceptance of such changes or modifications
Thank you for taking the time to read through our conditions and site rules.