Booking Terms & Conditions
- The person who signs the booking form is responsible for the booking and warrants that they are over 18 years of age and that the party will not exceed the numbers stated on the booking form.
- By submitting a Booking/Reservation you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions and you agree to adhere to the Sites Polities.
- Minimum stays apply during peak times. The minimum night you can book is available by checking dates on the booking calendar.
- We are unable to accept bookings for more than 21 days
Tewet, Skiddaw and Blease - 3 non electric camp fields
The pitches are designed to accept up-to 2 adults and up to 4 children per unit per pitch. The Super, Large and Small pitches are divided by wooden picket fences. Customers choose the size of pitch which best fit their unit and needs and place the booking on line. Each pitch has a number. Pre-arrival emails go out the day before arrival containing pitch number, booking details and time of arrival
Camping – for various size tents, campervans and roof top tents. Campfields are named Tewet, Skiddaw and Blease. LWB Camper vans are not allowed in Blease. Parking next to your pitch is allowed. An extra cars can be booked, for more information, give us a call! Guests are not allowed to pitch on any other pitch or area/field. (If we have to move your tent, you confirm that you relinquish the right to claim liability against the site, staff or management for any damage or inconvenience caused by or during the move)
Camper vans – suitable for grass pitches during dry weather, please call reception if the ground is soft due to bad weather. Do not drive onto grass if the ground is soft as you will get stuck, please call reception for advice.
Motor homes – longer than 5.5m – not allowed on grass – suitable for fully serviced pitches, awnings must fit the 5m wide gravel area, awnings or tents are not allowed on the grass area of the fully service pitch.
We have dog friendly fields.
Dogs are not allowed in Blease campfield.
Tewet (pet friendly)
Super pitch: Max unit size 10M x 7M
Large pitch: Max unit size 6M x 6M
Small pitch: Max unit size 4M x 4M
Skiddaw (pet friendly)
Large pitch: Max unit size 6M x 6M
Blease (pet free)
Large pitch: Max unit size 6M x 6M
The small pitches are designed primarily for backpackers, small ridge tents or a short wheel campervans without awnings. The small pitches will not fit a unit, which exceeds the measurement above. If you bring a units too large for the pitch booked you will run the risk of loosing the booking, please call reception for more clarity before booking if unsure.
Low Rigg & High Rigg
Low Rigg Field (pet friendly)
Fully serviced large pitch, numbered 1 – 14 Max unit size 8M x 5M
High Rigg (pet friendly)
Fully serviced large pitch, numbered 15 – 30. Max unit size 8M x 5M
30 fully serviced hardstanding pitches for caravans, motorhomes and campervans
The pitches are designed to accept up-to 2 adults and up to 4 children per unit per pitch, additional adults can be added by calling reception.
Customers choose the field which best fit their unit and needs and place the booking on line. Pre-arrival emails go out the day before arrival containing pitch number, booking details and time of arrival
Each pitch has 16amp electric, mains water and a grey water drain. We ask that you pitch your unit on the left hand side of the pitch as you look at it with awnings to the right. Caravans must have the hitch facing to the front of the pitch for easy hitching in case of emergency. (Foreign caravans please call 01768779112 to discuss a suitable pitch).
Fully serviced pitch – are gravel 5×12 meter pitches with an additional 3×12 meter grass area with picnic bench dividing each pitch. (Maximum pitch size 8x12m)
Grey water area on fully serviced pitches: Each pitch is fitted with a grey water drain for you to connect your flex hows to your van so it can run straight into the drain. We do not have a grid drain on site. There are drains at the service area to empty your grey water if you collect it. It is unhygienic to let your grey water run off on site!
- Strictly No “party” groups including stag and hen parties.
- Noise Curfew between 11pm-7am - NO disturbing noise between these times.
- Noise must kept to a minimum after 9pm (on music, no loud laughter or loud talking, no dogs barking and no vehicle engines running to charge phones, etc.)
The minimum reservation term for our camp field is available on our booking system at time of booking. Non electric fields have designated pitches, your prefect pitch comes with its number and size of pitch you have booked. We reserve the right to change minimum nights stays, subject to availability.
The minimum number of people per pitch, for each field is available on our booking system at time of booking.
The maximum number of people per pitch, for each field is available on our booking system at time of booking.
Fell runners, cyclers on the coast to coast or anyone taking part in a local event, can book onto the Tewet field on a small pitch for the best price, we can take 2 small backpacking tents + 1 car for up-to 2 adults through the booking system. Please add a note to explain your event. Please not our no noise rule. We do not allow guests, including guest taking part in a Bob Graham Round to disturb other sleeping guests between the hours of 11pm and 7am. Please leave the site quickly and quiet!
Unauthorised large group bookings will be cancelled. We allow up to 3 units to book together on separate pitches with no more than 6 adults. Pitches are allocated through the booking system, we cannot promise pitches will be adjacent to one another. Please call 017687 79112 for more clarity. No party groups of any kind.
We reserve the right to refuse entry, cancel a booking, or terminate a holiday (without a refund) if in the opinion of the management or staff a booking has been made using false information or the behaviour of an individual or individuals may compromise the enjoyment or safety of another visitor or staff member.
In placing this booking, you agree that if a dispute or disagreement occurs, the decision of the management or staff in settling any such dispute or disagreement is final and that you agree to the management or staff using any means at their disposal to bring to an end any such dispute or disagreement.
All payments need to be made in pounds sterling.
The easiest way to pay for your holiday is online through our secure payment system provided using card payment.
A booking secures the pitch chosen for the dates you have specified subject to receiving authorised payment within a limited time from making the booking. Provisional bookings will be cancelled after a limited time if a payment is not received.
Once payment is made you will receive a confirmation email with all the details needed including your booking reference number. If the booking is less than 4 weeks to arrival date you will be asked to pay full amount. If a booking is less than the minimum amount set for a booking you will be asked to pay in full. Deposits are 30% of the booking.
To pay the balance
Each email will have a blue highlighted link to take you to your own account. Enter your booking reference, surname and postcode for quick login to the payment section. A balance reminders are sent out by email 5 weeks before your arrival date.
The balance payment for all bookings made on line must be paid at least 4 weeks prior to your arrival date. If we do not receive the balance payment, by this time, we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
We notify receipt of all payments and cancellations, by email.
Guests can contact reception either by Phone 01768779112 / 07843866977 or by email email@example.com Reception times are 9am until 6pm.
In the event of an emergency or to contact us outside these hours please message or call us. The site has 4G wifi
The site and farm are monitored by a 24 hour CCTV surveillance system. Cameras can be seen at all the entrances to the site for car registration recognition and throughout the site surrounding the main entrance to the amenities. This is for your added protection and to enable reception to monitor the comings and goings of the site.
We operate a digital check in and check out:-
A pre-arrival email is sent out a couple of days before arrival. It will contain your booking details including field booked and the pitch allocated to you.
When you arrived to the site please make your way safely to your pitch. Please only go onto the pitch you have been allocated to avoid taking somebodies pre-booked pitch.
Pitches become available from 2pm on the day of arrival.
Departure day must be before 12noon. Please leave your pitch tidy. A pre-departure email goes out the day before departure to remind you of dates and times to leave. If additional nights are required customers can place a new booking through the system. Please contact reception on 017687 79112 - 07843866977 for more information.
Vehicles are checked out digitally using vehicle recognition numbers.
Guests who haven’t checkout with their vehicles by 12.30 on day of departure may be charged an extra night through the booking system.
We are sorry, we cannot offer late leaves or vehicle parking during peak times, a full nights stay will be required.
Ewes (Ladies) and Rams (Gents)
10 showers and 7 toilets
There are hairdryers and shaver points and a baby changing area…sorry we don’t have plug sockets in the amenities for phone charging.
The eco block is heated by a highly sustainable Biomass boiler with wood sourced from the local area.
We have top quality extractor fans throughout the new block. These extract steam and stale air fast from the washrooms and natural fresh air is drawn back into the amenities to provide a constant flow of clean air. Doors and also kept open.
We have an amazing team who work very hard to keep the amenities to a high level of cleanliness but, we ask that you respect the amenities and tidy up after yourself. We have provided cans of disinfectant sprays throughout the amenities to spray where needed, it doesn’t need wiping off! There are also mops provided to mop-out the shower after yourself.The cleaners do an early clean on a Saturday and Sunday Morning, from 6.30am, other cleans take place through the day, please use alternative toilets, which will be signposted, until they finish
2 Disabled wetrooms with RADAR locks. The Radar Key Scheme enables our two disabled wetrooms to be readily available to those who really need them. Two wetrooms include shower, toilet and handbasin
All chemical toilets including travel toilets must be disposed of at the service point area…PLEASE DO NOT USE THE TOILET BLOCK TOILET TO DISPOSE OF TRAVEL TOILET WASTE!!! There is a chemical toilet at the service area to the left of the block with washing facilities.
Parking next too or in front of the amenities is not allowed. Even the fields which are furthest away from the amenities are still only a short walk…there is no reason to drive to the amenities
The amenities and surrounding the amenities, are no smoking areas!
We do not provide the blocks. You must bring your own named blocks.
- Chemical toilet disposal point. Please use this for all toilet disposal including portaloo’s and children’s potties
- Dog/dirty boot wash area with warm water tap
- Bike wash area
- 2 outside warm showers
- 6 undercover pot-washing sinks with hot water
- Freezer for ice-back freezing - To help keep your food fresh while you are on holiday. This is kept in the laundry room. Guests can freeze up to 4 medium size backs/blocks. Please name each block. We are not liable for ice blocks that go missing.
- Rentable USB charging lockers for phone & laptops - £3 per day with a £10 refundable deposit
- Fully equipped laundry room including washers, tumble dryers, iron, ironing boards and large sink – coming soon
- “Sheep Pens” Reception.
- Fully Serviced Pitches: Fire pits are not allowed on the fully serviced pitches. BBQ’s must be on legs. Disposable BBQ’s are not allowed on any pitch due to fire regulations.
- Grass Pitches: Contained fire pits are allowed on the grass pitches. Both fire pits & BBQ’s must be on legs to be kept off the grass. Disposable BBQ’s are not allowed on any pitch due to fire regulations.
- BBQ’s: We allow bbq’s and small fire pits on our non electric camp fields, Tewet, Skiddaw and Blease
We don’t allow disposable BBQ’s or makeshift Fire Pits on any pitch, they are banned for safety reasons
- Fire pits and the wood. Fire pits must be booked before arrival. Please text Ryan on 079267 29162 and leave a message including your field name and pitch number or call reception on 01768779112 if Ryan is unavailable. Fire pits are subject to availability
- We don’t allow Fire pits on our fully serviced pitches
- Free WiFi available on serviced pithes and at various points throughout the campsite
- Very good phone service available throughout the sight with excellent 3G and 4G.
- Shop for 2022
New onsite shop coming soon. Keswick is just over 3 miles from the site
- Mains drinking water taps in every field. Cold water taps on site and at the pot-washing area are mains water and safe to drink
- Electric points: If you have an electric pitch booked make sure any long leads or a lead on a drum is completely unraveled before you plugit into the hookup area. Leads which are left tightly rolled up will overheat and burnout the electric hookup and your lead and potentially causing a fire! There is a damage charge if electric points are damaged in this way
- Bins Area
The bin areas can be found next to Tewet camp field near the site entrance. There are mixed recycling bins, glass recycling bins and general household bins.
Please do not leave bags of rubbish in the pot washing area or on site for someone else to pick up and clean up after you, you are responsible for the disposal of your own and your dogs waste!
General waste only in the general waist bins and recycling only in the recycling bins. Biffa will not take recycle if it is contaminated!
- Children Peak times can be very busy. Young children must not be allowed to go to the amenities alone for their safety. Children must be supervised at all times and not allowed to stray from their campfield into another campfield, this is for their enjoyment and safety. Kicking football and riding bikes around neighbouring pitches is not allowed.
- No Play Area We don’t have a play area at the campsite and we have no plans to put one in place at this moment in time. The ethos of the campsite is about families coming together and reconnecting with one another and with nature within beautiful surroundings. We hope family came away feeling revived having made lots of beautiful new memories within the time spent with us here, at Burns Farm.
- Burns Farm is a busy traditional working farm, we urge that you do not allow your children to climb on farm walls or enter farm fields. Farm fields have animals in them and sometimes they can’t be seen, these animals are easily spooked by children and dogs!
We love dogs, and have several dogs of our own, but please be aware that even though you may think your dog poses no danger to anyone, some adults and children are afraid to be around dogs and require your consideration to keep your dog under control at all times. Most of our camp fields are ‘dog-friendly’ except for Blease. Do not go into this field with a dog. This is clearly stated throughout the website, and there are signs to say no dogs on area they are not permitted to go. Please note our terms to bring a dog before you book.
We have a mucky pup area with warm water to wash our dog if needed.
Dogs must always be kept on a short lead when on site.
No straying onto your neighbours pitch.
Dogs must not be left unattended at any time.
Dog must not cause the chickens of any other animal on the farm.
Dogs must not be allowed to damage property including wooden structures and flowers/plants.
Dogs must not cause a disturbance on the site.
If you wish to exercise your dog, please walk them off site and not onto another campfield or farm field.
You must always clean up after your pet. If they poop, you scoop!! There are waste bins at the farm entrance you can use.
Bringing a dog onto Burns Farm means you have read and agree to the terms and conditions.
Please make sure your dogs stays on its own pitch! We ask that your dog is taken offsite, not at the entrance! for their daily needs. If by chance they do their business onsite please make sure it is pickup and disposed properly. Pitches including the entrance and roadsides are maintained regularly and it is not a pleasant situation for our groundsmen to come-across, while streaming or mowing!
Ryan and Dec, our very hardworking gardeners are out and about on site most days, please check around your caravan/campervan/tent to make sure there aren’t get any surprises left by your dog! If you see anyone, letting their dog stray onto another pitch or not picking up, please let reception know
Dogs are not permitted inside the amenity buildings.
Please do not let you dog wee on the plants, it kills the plants! Do not let your dog wee on the patio or up against structures, oak beams or stone walls outside the amenities and reception area or any other service area, it causes permeant damage.
Booking cancellations or amendments can only be accepted in accordance with the terms and conditions of Burns Farm Caravan & Campsite.
You may cancel a booking at any time, deposits are non refundable. Deposits are 30% of the total amount to pay.
Decreasing/changing the number of nights- please contact reception to see if this is possible.
Cancellation by us. Very occasionally, we may have to cancel your booking. If we have to do so we will tell you as soon as possible and you can choose either to have a full refund, or accept any alternative arrangements offered to you (we’ll give you a refund of the price difference if the alternative is less expensive than the one you booked). We will have no further liability to you for this*.
- Once a booking is made, please check through everything immediately for any discrepancies.
- In order to maintain the best possible pricing and availability for our customers, we must enforce strict rules regarding refunds Deposits are non refundable.
- Up to 30 days prior to arrival date. Full refund on pitch fees less non refundable deposit per pitch. In certain circumstances we may offer a credit voucher, please email to discuss options.
- 14 to 30 days prior to arrival date - credit note or date transfers, less non refundable deposit, please email to discuss options.
- Less than 14 days notice = No refund to pitch fees, a credit note or date transfers to a low season date may be possible, please email to discuss options.
- We do not offer refunds for early departures or offer alterations during your stay.
- We are not liable for expenses you incur or any refunds whatsoever in the event we are prevented from fulfilling your Booking as a result of circumstances beyond our control. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, pandemics, epidemics including any form of Corona Virus, health risks and other crisis situations (“Force Majeure”).
- We highly recommend that customers take out insurance against aborted holidays. During your stay, please inform us in advance of any day visitors. Max one car only per Pitch.(Except by prior agreement)
Liability is not accepted by Burns Farm Caravan and Campsite to any person visiting, for any personal injury, loss or damage to any property including, motor vehicles and personal effects, howsoever caused or sustained
We reserve the right to ask guests who contravene these terms and conditions or, who in any other way are behaving in a manner likely to cause distress or nuisance to other visitors, to leave the site immediately. In these circumstances the holiday ceases and we shall not be liable for any extra costs incurred by you.
We reserve the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms or any policy or guideline of the Site, at any time and in our sole discretion. Any changes or modification will be effective immediately upon posting of the revisions on the Site, and you waive any right you may have to receive specific notice of such changes or modifications. Your continued use of these Site following the posting of changes or modifications will confirm your acceptance of such changes or modifications
Thank you for taking the time to read through our conditions and site rules.
Thank you for taking the time to read through our conditions and site rules.