Fully Serviced Hardstanding Pitches for Caravans, Motorhomes & Campervans
Our award winning site has 30 fully serviced pitches are divided by 2 fields. Low & High Rigg, named after two of the well known ‘Wainwright‘ mountains.
The pitches are level and all hardstanding. Each offering: 16A electric, grey water drain and mains water taps. The pitches have very good free WiFi. 4G and phone service reception is excellent from the site. Analog TV can be achieved but, we recommend a Smart TV or a satellite arial for best results.
Low Rigg Field has 14 pitches it is very close to the amenities and is very easy to access especially for longer units and twin axle caravans. From your pitch you will be surrounded by 360 degree views of spectacular Lakeland mountains views.
High Rigg Field has 16 pitches and it is a little further from the amenities, but offers a very quiet location and has stunning views of Skiddaw and Blencathra.
The gravel area of the pitch is 5 meter wide by 12 meter long, suitable for caravans, motorhomes & campervans. If including an awning to your unit it must fit onto this area. All pitches include a 3 meter wide grass seating area with picnic bench, the grass area is not suitable for awnings or pitching a tent. We do not allow fire pits on these pitches.
Availability and prices including minimum nights stay can be found on our booking system at the time of booking. We reserve the right to change minimum nights stays, subject to availability.
Once a booking is placed on the system, you will receive a confirmation email stating the name of the field booked.
We are delighted to have our new onsite reception the “Sheep Pens” open for 2022. Along side this we also run a contactless check-in to allow for a smooth, hassle-free arrival and setup. For your contactless checkin you will receive a pre-arrival email the day before you arrive with your pitch number. Information for arrival including key codes and WI-FI codes and contact telephone numbers are on the pre-arrival email.
- Fully Serviced Pitches
- Price Guide: £26 - £42 per night
- 30% deposit to secure a booking
- Minimum stay (see below)
- Please see the booking system for more details.
- We allow up to 2 well-behaved dogs, which must be kept on a lead and not allowed to stray onto another pitch
- Pitch numbers can be requested, but not guaranteed
- Easter Bank Holiday (14 – 17 April) - minimum 4 nights
- May Day Bank Holiday (29 April – 1 May) – minimum 3 nights
- Spring Bank Holiday (1 June – 4 June) - minimum 3 nights
- August Bank Holiday (26 – 28 Aug) – minimum 3 nights
- Weekends in May, June, September & October – minimum 2 nights
- Weekends in July & August - minimum 3 nights
- December 27th until 3rd January 2022 - minimum stay 7 nights
Our Site Amenities
- New underfloor heated award winning shower block. The eco block is heated by a highly sustainable Biomass boiler.
- 2 disabled facilities opened with a Radar Key.
- Baby changing facilities.
- Charging Lockers to rent. Keys available at reception.
- Ice pack freezing facility for your ice box, please bring your own named ice packs.
- Laundry facilities, 2 washers and 2 dryers. Iron and ironing board. Coin operated.
- Small shop to open in the reception area for Summer.
- Onsite dog walking area.
14 fully serviced flat pitches, numbered 1 – 14. These pitches have lovely views of Blencathra, Helvellyn and High and Low Rigg, they are also perfect for guests who like the evening sun. There is very good access to these pitches making them easy to manoeuvre in and out of. The pitches are also allocated closer to all amenities.
16 fully serviced flat pitches, numbered 15 – 30. These pitches are in a quieter area of the site with lovely views of the surrounding fells. The access to these pitches is slightly tighter on some of the pitches and a motor-mover is recommended to manoeuvre in and out of them, but not essential. The pitches are allocated further from all amenities.
5 minute drive to the nearest pub in the village of Threlkeld
10 minute drive to the market town of Keswick
40 minute drive to Windermere
Riverside footpath and walks from the site to Keswick