We are a friendly campsite in a peaceful and scenic location on a traditional working farm in the Lake District National Park. Contact Us.
Our Lake District campsite is situated 1 mile from the village of Threlkeld, and only 3 miles from the beautiful market town of Keswick. We prides ourselves on the personal service we offer.
Burns Farm ideally located for exploring the magnificent scenery surrounding the Northern Lakeland Fells, Valleys and Lakes. There are local country pups serving great food, pretty villages and wonderful walks from the site. The Market town of Keswick is just 3 miles a nice walk past the Ancient Castlerigg Stone Circle.
The mountains Blencathra, Skiddaw, and the Helvellyn range loom over the campsite and they are all within walking distance. There are several Lakes to explore in the area with Derwentwater being the closest.
Electric Pitches on our Small Camping Field
Pitches on this field are allocated and booked with a deposit. They are large size pitches on grass with electric hookup & Car Parking for 1 vehicle or a short wheel based camper-van. Pitches come with a wooden picnic bench and free wifi.
The Small Field is a Quiet Grass Field. Couples and Families only, sorry no groups bookings
- Grass Hookup Tent Pitches are to be booked by securing with a Deposits using BACS. Strictly no group bookings on our Small Camp FieldDetails of how to pay by BACS will be sent back to you after you place an enquiry.
Grass Only Pitches on our Big Camping Field
- Lovely Big field with sheltered and open pitch. Pitches are very flat and well drained.
- The field has amazing views of Blencathra, Skiddaw, Helvellyn Range (voted best walk out of 100 walks in Britain 2018) Causey Pike and many many more Mountains.
- Contained campfires are allowed, your fire pit must be on legs. BBQ’s must be on legs or be kept off the grass, disposable BBQ’s not allowed. Sorry we don’t supply the fire pits or the wood.
- Car parking next to your tent for 1 car per pitch and a carpark on the field if wet.
- Dogs are allowed at no extra charge and must be kept on a lead at all times.
- Non Electric Grass Tent Pitches on our Big Camp field can be reserved by phoning 017687 79112 with full details of your enquiry and paying for your pitch on arrival.Or by sending a camping enquiry through our website
- Large Grass pitches offering electric hookups (Small Field)
- Large Grass pitches offering non electric hookups (Large Field)
- Amazing views of the surrounding Mountains.
- Free WiFi.
- Wooden picnic benches.
- Parking next to your tent on level grass pitches. Carpark available if wet.
- Suitable for short wheel based camper vans
- Very good phone service available throughout the sight with excellent 3G and 4G.
- Fire pits for campfires are allowed on the Big Field, they must have legs as not to burn the grass (sorry we don’t supply the fire pits or the wood).
- BBQ’s with legs are allowed on the Small and Big Field – disposable BBQ’s not allowed
- Biomass heated toilet block with hot showers.
- Hand dryers, electrical sockets, shaving points.
- Walkers shower block, hot showers, biomass heated with large drying rails.
- Separate biomass heated disabled facilities.
- Large separate dishwashing room with 6 sinks under cover.
- Locked Laundry room including industrial washer and tumble dryer.
Camping prices are per person per night without car parking — please see tariff for full price for your requirements. Hot showers are free.
|Child 5–17 years (under 5s are free)||£3.00|
|Car parking space||£3.00|
|Short wheel based camper van||£3.00|
|Duke of Edinburgh Award Participant/Leader(DofE)||£7.00|
|Grass Electric hookup pitches in the small field - up to 2 adults and vehicle||£23|
We have 2 Grass Camping pitches 1 with electric hookup and 1 without electric hookup.
Both areas are bookable by placing a camping enquiry through the enquiry link on our website. A deposit by BACS transfer will be required to book electric pitches.
Our guests’ enjoyment and safety is paramount and therefore we ask you to read our Terms and Conditions before making your booking. The person who makes the booking is responsible for the booking and warrants that all of their party will abide by our rules, terms and conditions.
We welcome dogs at no extra cost, however, they must be kept on a lead at all times.
We have a no noise policy between the hours of 11pm and 7 am. We do not accept Groups.
Visitors to the site must let reception know of their arrival.
Guests must vacate the site by 12 midday on the day of departure.
The Campsite is seasonal and open from March — November